Friday, August 31, 2012

Sometimes I read books too.

Well we had a great weekend in Michigan, but since this blog is about Ohio, I'm gonna talk about the book series I just finished.

The Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn, which includes the books Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Darth Bane: Rule of Two and Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil. 

This was my first time reading Star Wars expanded universe, (unless you count the time that I read Episode II before the movie came out) and I really enjoyed it. I don't want to spoil anything, but I was frustrated by the ambiguity of the ending, which I consider to be a good thing for a book. It made actually have to sit and think about what happened, not just take everything at face value. 

I think I enjoy reading about Sith far more than Jedi. I think their backgrounds make for far better character development. Also now I really want to cosplay as Darth Zannah. All I would need is some black clothes, a cloak, a Darth Maul light saber and blond hair. 

Next up on my reading list is Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. I am a little disappointed at the 1000 year gap in the story line, but maybe their will be some mention of what happened in between. 

This weekend Will and I are planning on going to Zoombezi Bay, the water park attached to the Columbus Zoo! I love water parks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment